Tinea Versicolor: List of Causes, Symptoms, and Diet
Are you tired of reading numerous articles about Tinea Versicolor available on the internet?
If yes, then don’t worry!
We will resolve your every query in this noteworthy guide that covers everything you need to know about the causes, symptoms, and diet, which you should follow if you are suffering from this disease.
Stay with us till the end of the article to get the easiest and the most effective ways to cure Tinea Versicolor.
Let us first understand …
In human skin, there is a type of yeast called Malassezia, which is present at the top of the skin. It doesn’t cause any harm to the skin of a human, but it also protects human skin from any other kind of infection or any skin disease.
But sometimes in human skin, the growth of this yeast is too much that it changes the colour of the skin.
In such a disease, there will be small patches on your skin whose colour is different from the natural colour of the skin.
This problem is called Tinea Versicolor, which occurs due to infection by the yeast of the Malassezia family.
Symptoms of Tinea Versicolor
The person who is suffering from Tinea Versicolor will have patches of colour different from natural skin colour.
A person suffering from this disease can see such patches on the neck, back, and arms. The colour of the patches on the skin can be:
- Darker than the natural colour of skin
- Fairer than the natural colour of skin
- Somewhat similar to tan colour
- Skin will become dry
Sometimes, in some patients suffering from this disease, they don’t notice any change in colour, but their skin becomes dry and itchy.
Causes of Tinea Versicolor
One of the prime reasons for this skin infection is when the yeast of the Malassezia family grows in a huge number on the top of the skin.
Some of the reasons for this rad growth of yeast are:
- When the climate is extremely hot and full of humidity.
- When the person is sweating a lot.
- If the skin of the person is oily.
- When there are hormonal changes taking place in the human body.
- If the immune system of the person is not healthy.
Even though this problem of Tinea Versicolor can occur in a person of any age group, but this disease is mostly seen in young adults.
Diet for Tinea Versicolor
If a person is suffering from Tinea Versicolor disease, then below mentioned diet should be followed by him or her.
- A person should focus on eating maximum fruits as well as vegetables which are rich in vitamins A, C, and E. This diet will help the person in building a great immune system.
- A person should eat probiotics which will help him in building a healthier digestive system. This will build his immune system and help him recover from this disease.
- Vitamin D is known for building a sound immune system in the human body. Therefore, a person should focus on the diet having vitamin D, which will help in recovering from Tinea Versicolor.
Diet to be avoided for Tinea Versicolor
If a person is already suffering from this disease, then there are certain food items that he/she should avoid consuming. Some of the items to be avoided are:
- A person should not eat fruits like mango, which are high on sugar content.
- A person should not consume pork or processed means if he is suffering from Tinea Versicolor.
- Honey should not be consumed in any of the food.
- A person should avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages like beer.
- Drinks like black tea or coffee, which are high on caffeine should not be consumed.
- Dairy items like milk, cheese should be avoided.
Items that can be consumed in Tinea Versicolor
Some of the food items that a person suffering from this disease can consume are:
- Citrus items like lemon which has Vitamin C in it.
- A person can eat fruits that are low on sugar content like olives.
- Ghee can be consumed out of all the dairy items.
- Instead of black tea, a person can consume herbal tea.
- To consume oily items, a person should prefer healthy oils like coconut oil.
- Consumption of eggs and chicken will help in getting protein for the body.
- Out of all the nuts available in the market, a person suffering from Tinea Versicolor can eat almonds.
Ways to Treat Tinea Versicolor
If even after the consumption of healthy food products mentioned above, the skin infection problem is not resolved. It is recommended to consult a doctor to treat this disease.
A doctor can come to your home and look for different colour patches on your skin. Just by looking at the patches, he will tell you if you are suffering from Tinea Versicolor.
Sometimes, even after looking at the patches, he doesn’t conclude. In such a situation, he will peel some skin from your body and have a look on your skin with the help of a microscope.
A doctor can also do the biopsy of your skin if he is still not clear about the disease even after microscopy.
After all the medical tests, the doctor can prescribe medicated shampoo if the problem is not that severe.
Otherwise, the doctor will prescribe proper medicines to treat this disease.
Final Verdict for Tinea Versicolor
It is essential to understand that the diet which you should follow if you are suffering from Tinea Versicolor so that you can cure this disease before it becomes dangerous for your body.
We have also provided details regarding at what stage of this disease you should consult the doctor.
In this guide, we have tried to cover the symptoms, causes, and diet for the particular skin infection of Tinea Versicolor.
That’s not all! It should always be kept in mind that all these methods should not be done regularly as this will affect the natural process of the body.
Also, it should always be kept in the mind that one should not practice this without consulting any physician as they can have a reverse effect on the body of the individual.Sharing is caring! Your love and support motivates us!